If you put off making plans for your wedding, the confidence you share with other couples that the time has come to celebrate calls for picking a honeymoon venue soon, given the rising numbers of couples tying the knot these days. How many? According to The Wedding Report, 1.93 million weddings were staged in 2021; 2.47 million weddings will take place in 2022. That’s the most in the U.S. since 1984!
Where there’s a wedding there’s a honeymoon to sort out, and if you two have romance and relaxation on your minds, finding heaven is as easy as choosing Belize for your escape. Everyone speaks English. It’s geographically close and if you both crave privacy, a lush private island awaits. Ray Caye Island Resort helps newlyweds build memories, one blissful day after another.
1. Roam the island – just the two of you. This tiny island delivers on privacy you won’t find on the mainland, and you get to explore the rich ecosystem, marine life, and especially each other throughout your honeymoon.
2. Delight in the experience of tropical oceanfront accommodations surrounded by palm trees and located steps from the ocean where waves lull contented newlyweds to sleep.
3. Couples as eager for excitement outside as they are inside can access the resort’s catamaran, kayaks, paddleboards, and snorkeling gear, all of which stand ready to help you explore the ocean beyond the beach.
4. Stay in bed as long as you like. It’s one of the most romantic things you can do on a honeymoon, and you get the bonus of awakening to shared ocean views that are simply spectacular.
5. Say yes to a Belize vacation package that covers all aspects of your honeymoon, including tasty gourmet meals and cocktails served at the alfresco Lion Fish Bar and Grill. Don’t want to share your time with others? Dine poolside or at your lodging.
6. Capture romantic highlights of your stay for posterity. You don’t have to post them all on social media if you prefer to keep some of your photographic efforts as private as the details of your nights together.
7. Customize your honeymoon. Your idea of romance could include diving tours at Pirate Reef, part of Belize’s Great Barrier Reef. You’ll discover aspects of each other you never knew before.
8. Discover the resort’s wellness services where massages, scrubs, and facials can be enjoyed within the confines of your cabana, on the South End Pier, or at the Crow’s Nest.
9. Declare your time together sacrosanct. The island’s honeymoon packages allow you to choose the one that best meets your interests and covers all expenses so you can devote time to each other rather than worrying about how much you’re spending!
Best of all, staff is trained in the art of helping honeymooners enjoy the privacy they crave, so discretion is one of the skills every Ray Caye employee is required to possess. Whether your first days as a married couple include all the adventures you can fit into your time on the island or you’d prefer to do nothing more than gaze at each other from the moment you arrive until you must leave, consider Ray Caye your private island.
It’s the ideal way to launch marriages that stand the test of time.